Thursday, May 9, 2013

Continuing to bump along on GAPS....

Some rough times on the GAPS diet so far. Sticking with mostly soups and well cooked veggies (maybe cheating a bit with roasted vs. boiled), I'm still having some digestion issues. Could be the early introduction of yogurt, which is really the one probiotic we've had in the house.....It was also store-bought, all be it good quality, full fat yogurt, that could be the source of some of the issues. To help try and alleviate any issues with the commercial yogurt, we started work on our own homemade yogurt right away, which we've been using now instead, but the issues tend to persist. The Sauerkraut we started over the weekend will be finishing up soon, so perhaps that will be safer for the tummy, I also want to make me up some ghee as well, to see if that may not be a little gentler than using what we have which is butter, coconut and olive oil. We also started some whey from the home made yogurt, which again, may be better?

While I continue to fumble through various changes with my diet, I do tend to get rather frustrated at not seeing the awesome changes I've heard so much about from others. I know each individual body is different, and I have heard it gets worse before it gets better, so here's hoping!

No comments :

Post a Comment